Swami Vivekananda told—
- All the forces that we see in nature, such as gravitation, attraction, and repulsion, or as thought, feeling, and nervous motion — all these various forces resolve into that Prana, and the vibration of the Prana ceases. In that state it remains until the beginning of the next cycle. Prana then begins to vibrate, and that vibration acts upon the Akasha, and all these forms are thrown out in regular succession.[Source]
- Free thyself from the mighty attraction—
The maddening wine of love, the charm of sex.
Break the harp! Forward, with the ocean’s cry!. . .[Source]
- If you can get rid of your attachment to a single thing, you are on the way to liberation.[Source]
- It is the highest manifestation of the power of Vairagya when it takes away even our attraction towards the qualities.[Source]
- Ordinary love is mere animal attraction. Otherwise why is the distinction between the sexes? If one kneels before an image, it is dreadful idolatry; but if one kneels before husband or wife, it is quite permissible![Source]
- Our minds are forced to become fixed upon different things by an attraction in them which we cannot resist. To control the mind, to place it just where we want it, requires special training. It cannot be done in any other way. In the study of religion the control of the mind is absolutely necessary. We have to turn the mind back upon itself in this study.[Source]
- “Purusha is the; great attraction of the universe; though untouched by and unconnected with the universe, yet it attracts the whole; universe.”[Source]
- The law of attraction which holds good for the heavenly bodies also holds good for the smallest particles.[Source]
- What is the attraction? Lookers-on only see the ugly man or the ugly woman, but not so the lover; to the lover the beloved is the most beautiful being that ever existed. How is it? The woman who loves the ugly man takes, as it were, the ideal of beauty which is in her own mind, and projects it on this ugly man; and what she worships and loves is not the ugly man, but her own ideal. That man is, as it were, only the suggestion, and upon that suggestion she throws her own ideal, and covers it; and it becomes her object of worship. Now, this applies in every case where we love. Many of us have very ordinary looking brothers or sisters; yet the very idea of their being brothers or sisters makes them beautiful to us.[Source]
- Where you find the attraction for lust and wealth considerably diminished, to whatever creed he may belong, know that his inner spirit is awakening.[Source]
- With the attraction for lust and lucre working the other way, how many long for the realisation of God?[Source]
Is “attraction” followed by “seperation” or “disunion”?
These are interesting observations of Swmiji—
- The natural state of this universe is attraction; and that is surely followed by an ultimate disunion.[Source]
- Whenever two particles come together, they are held by a certain attraction; and there will come a time when those particles will separate. This is the eternal law. So, wherever there is a body — either grosser or finer, either in heaven or on earth — death will overcome it.[Source]
Swami Vivekananda believed that the law of attraction plays a key role in shaping our lives and that our thoughts and actions can shape our reality. He believed that the mind has the power to attract and manifest the things we desire, and that by focusing our thoughts and energy on positive outcomes, we can create the conditions for them to manifest. He often said, “All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.” He also advised people to be positive and to think positively, to avoid negative thoughts, and to focus on the things that they want to achieve.